Stakeholder Group Questions
Randolph Parks and Recreation Master Plan
By: Patrick D. Hoagland, ASLA
Brandstetter Carroll Inc. November 11, 2003
We have reserved time for your organization to have a discussion with representatives of Brandstetter Carroll Inc., the consulting firm that has been hired to lead Randolph Township through the process of developing a Parks and Recreation Master Plan. The purpose of these discussions is to obtain in-depth information about your organization, its needs, and ways to improve parks and recreation opportunities in Randolph.
To the extent that these suggestions are appropriate to your group, please be prepared to discuss the following:
- Brief history of your organization.
- Number of participants, demographics, growth history, trends and pressures as relating to the service that you offer.
- List of the facilities your organization currently uses. And your assessment of the adequacy of those facilities.
- Successes and failures.
- How are you funded?
- What is working and what is not?
- Your relationship with the Randolph Parks and Recreation Department and how it could be improved.
- Pretend it is 2025 and you are extremely pleased with what your organization and the Randolph Parks and Recreation Department have accomplished over the last ten years. What has happened to result in this success? What does your organizational landscape look like? What is your vision for your organization and the parks and recreation services in Randolph?
We have set aside 1 hour for most groups hoping that this will provide adequate time for a full discussion of the issues that are important to your organization. If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact me.